Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gloom & Doom

Woke up to dark, gloomy rain clouds yet again! I am a creature who feeds on the sun. I tell ya, I can be in a total trance on a horrid wet day, the sun will peep through the clouds and it just shoots right through me and WAKES me up. In an instant! This week we are supposed to be getting back on track with school after a week of Spring Break. But the kids have a hard time even dragging out of bed. I allow them the extra time to sleep in, knowing that we're obviously not going outside today, and we have all day to do school. I can appreciate the occasional storm, especially when it's offering reflief from a streak of hot, dry weather. In that case, it's nice to open up a window and let the fresh rain scent waft through. Nothing like curling up on the sofa in lounge pants, under a soft blanket with a good book and a cup of tea! But there's nothing dreamy about it when it's been raining for days. I'm beginning to wonder if I should start building that ark soon...

Well, enough doddling for me. Time to face the gloom head on. After-all, it's only Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. YOU WRITE LIKE HALIE!!! YOU DO you DOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete