Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just the beginning of my beautiful journey...

I've been pondering a lot of things about life lately. I'm definitely transitioning into a new chapter of my life with my eldest child turning 16. I know this didn't happen overnight, but sometimes it feels like it! Time just flits right by, as I sit here watching. I start looking back in time, where this journey began. Thinking back to the night I went to the hospital, feeling my first twitch of a contraction really. I had it all so well planned. That 6 weeks of La Maze was sure to pay off! I'd find my focal point and ignore the pain, mind over matter. Ha! The plan changed quickly as the book was tossed out the window and I was grasping for what felt like survival at that point. 21 1/2 painstaking hours later, I met her. She was amazing from the first moment that she entered our world and took her first breath. Upon her exhale she put energy back into the room, back into me. All of the pain, all of the waiting, all of life prior to this moment became somewhat irrelevant. She brought with her a new way of doing things. As I quickly learned while in labor, there wasn't a plan book. No rule book. No one way of doing things. I found my way, through her. I watched her for hours. Just looking at her in all amazement and wonder. Wondering mostly what will she do next? What will I do? My life revolved around this miraculous little being. When will she poop, when will she eat? Surely she didn't do these things when I deemed appropriate. She marched to the beat of her own drum and I followed. It's funny to think back about all these little things from her first moments, she was already HER. Not much has changed. Her light shines brightly. I marvel at her inner brightness that just beams from her. Speechlessly, she makes her impression. She's already had quite the impact. As I attempt to look forward into the future, I'm filled with such mixed emotions. Anxiety, confidence, worry, hope. It is bittersweet, for sure, watching your children grow. Halie Morgan, my first born, my first everything, the beginning of my life's journey. What a wonderful place to start at. This has been the best experience ever. Such a cliche' way to put such a marvelous, miraculous, monumental experience. The BEST! That simply sums it up. The rest is still unwritten...

14 comments:

  1. I see a typo and don't know how to edit! Grrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful and I must say,I can definitely relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Tanya, you captured that wonder and amazement that marks the beginning of motherhood!

    Having been a parent for half my life now, it is astonishing and at the same time startling to see ones close to me evolve into loving parents. It is a great shift, not only in the way you live your life, but in how your view life itself once you have a child in your arms, its future resting on your shoulders.

    I bet it is an amazing feeling to be able to pause between chapters with sigh of relief and accomplishment and eager to turn the page and start making more memories. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya to edit your posts go to your dashboard, click on edit posts, then on the post you want to edit. You can then edit it save it and it will repost. ;)

    thanks for sharing. My daughter turned 16 right after her horrid hospital stay and I was just so thankful she was alive that I didn't stop to ponder what it meant for me personally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete